Only individuals who are traveling only for medical treatment are eligible for a medical visa. The patient should seek care at a reputable, renowned, or specialized hospital or healthcare facility in India. The patient may have up to two medical professionals with them at all times. They could be members of his family or close friends. The key factors in granting a medical visa are serious illnesses such as neurosurgery, joint replacements, ocular diseases, renal disorders, cardiac issues, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiation, plastic surgery, gene therapy, and others. The list of therapies is not all-inclusive.
In This Article, We Will Explain What Documents Are Needed for an Indian Medical Visa in Bangladesh.
What is a Medical Visa?
- Many patients from around the world travel to foreign nations for medical care. This can be because they want to contact a certain doctor who is based abroad or because certain surgical treatments or therapies are unavailable in their native country.
- Short-term stays are typically permitted under medical visas to cover the length of treatment.
- Some nations also provide sufferers companion’s companion visas (usually friends, family, or carers).
- Other nations give different kinds of visas to medical companions.
- Many nations also issue dual-purpose visas and travel authorizations that cover both business and leisure travel.
Why You Might Need a Medical Visa?
- People who want to receive medical care in India should apply for a medical visa.
- The hospitals that the applicants choose must be trustworthy, renowned, and specialized.
- Only two medical personnel may accompany a patient traveling to India. These healthcare providers ought to be blood relatives.
- A non-exhaustive list of medical operations permitted by the medical visa includes treatment for congenital illnesses and defects, cardiac care, neurology care, organ transplants, cosmetic surgery, and cardiac care.
How to Get a Medical Visa?
- There are two ways to obtain a visa for medical travel, depending on the nation.
- For medical visits, among other things, certain regions have an online visa system that awards short-stay or electronic medical visas. Travelers can easily and swiftly obtain a medical visa using these digital technologies without having to physically go to any place.
- In other instances, an application for a medical visa must be made in person at an embassy or consulate of the nation where the treatment would be received.
- Whether applying online or at an embassy, tourists must fill out a medical visa application form.
- Nation to nation has different requirements for a medical visa.
What Documents Do You Need for an Indian Medical Visa in Bangladesh?
- a printed copy of the Indian Visa Application form with the applicant’s legal signature, a current photo, and all other information.
- Original Bangladeshi passport, good for at least six months, with two pages available for the stamping of the Indian visa.
- a clear photocopy of the passport bio page that includes crucial details including the bearer’s birthdate, the duration of the passport, and their place of residence.
- Two recent passport-sized photos of the applicant against a white backdrop. A driver’s license issued by the state or three months’ worth of utility bills as proof of address. For candidates older than 6 months, a certificate of vaccination against yellow fever and oral polio (OPV) must be obtained two weeks before travel to India.
- a copy of the caregiver’s passport and any other records required to prove the caregiver’s place of residence and connection to the patient
- a legitimate letter of recommendation certifying the applicant’s medical condition and the requirement for treatment in India from a Bangladeshi hospital or healthcare facility.
- A formal letter of invitation from the hospital or therapy facility in India, stating the patient’s name and passport number, the doctor’s name, the specifics of the treatment plan, and other pertinent information.
- a duplicate of the hospital or healthcare facility’s visa invitation letter from India.
- Medical records that detail the precise diagnosis of the patient’s illness include test results, CT scans, and MRIs.
- Please submit a current bank statement or salary certificate to show that the applicant has the means to pay for or support the costs of the treatment in India.
- a duplicate of the confirmed return tickets.
Read Also About: Types of IVF Treatment
Eligibility for Indian Medical Visa
If you fulfill the following criteria and hold a passport from Bangladesh, you may apply for a medical visa.
- Receiving medical care in India is the sole purpose of the trip.
- The treatment center chosen is a respectable hospital or healthcare facility recognized by the Indian government.
- The patient will have a maximum of two family members or close friends with them as medical attendants. A “Medical Attendant Visa” must be applied for separately by medical attendants.
- Genuine certifications for the oral polio vaccine and yellow fever vaccination can be submitted by the patient and medical staff.
Patients in need of a medical visa will be given preference. These procedures include neurosurgery, joint replacement, kidney transplants, ocular diseases, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiation therapy, plastic surgery, liver transplants, and gene therapy.
So now that you know all the necessary factors regarding Indian Visa documents, you can easily apply for your visa.
There is no visa cost for citizens of Bangladesh. The SBI Bank (State Bank of India) will pay expenses of 600–700 Taka (7–9 USD) for processing medical visas that must be filed to IVAC.
Indian Visa Application Centers are contracted to provide Indian Visa Services, including the acceptance of visa applications and delivery of passports that have been processed (IVACs). The State Bank of India runs these facilities. When a person requires more time to heal than is allowed by his or her departure date from India, a visa extension is necessary. In that situation, the patient needs a formal document from the hospital’s administration outlining his or her condition, the course of treatment, and the number of days it will take for him or her to be fully recovered and able to return home. To prolong his or her stay in the nation, the applicant must visit the FRRO office with the letter and the necessary paperwork.
You Can Also Read: IVF treatment cost in Dhaka Bangladesh